- 3 - cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 - cup chopped onion
- 1 - clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 - cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 - cup unsifted flour
- 2 1/2 - cups milk or half & half
- 3 1/4 - cup Coco Lopez® Cream of Coconut
- 1 - tablespoon chicken instant bouillon
- 1 - tablespoon curry powder
- 1 - cup lemon juice hot cooked rice
In large skillet, cook onion and garlic in margarine until tender; stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Add cream of coconut, bouillon and curry. Over medium heat, cook and stir until thickened. Add lemon juice; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add chicken. Cook 10 minutes longer. Serve over rice with condiments. Refrigerate leftovers.
Suggested Condiments: Toasted flaked coconut, cashews, pecans or peanuts, chopped green onion, chopped hard-cooked eggs, chutney, crumbled bacon, raisins or sunflower seeds.
Tip: 2 pounds medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, or 1 ½ to 2 pounds browned meatballs can be substituted for chicken.