- 1 - pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on (about 20)
- 1/2 - cup Coco Lopez® Cream of Coconut
- 3 - tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 - tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 - teaspoon Worcestershire sauce additional cornstarch
- 2/3 - cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 - cup fresh bread crumbs (1 slice) vegetable oil
In medium bowl, combine cream of coconut, 3 tablespoons cornstarch, lemon juice and Worcestershire; mix until smooth. Coat shrimp with additional cornstarch. Dip into cream of coconut batter; drain on wire rack. Coat with flaked coconut then bread crumbs. Place on baking sheet. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. Into deep hot oil (375°), drop shrimp, one at a time; fry a few shrimp at a time until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Sauces. Refrigerate leftovers.
Tip: Recipe can be doubled. If using medium shrimp, use 1 2/3 cups flaked coconut and 1 cup fresh bread crumbs.