- 1/2 - cup Coco Lopez® Cream of Coconut
- 1/2 - cup water
- 1 - tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 - cups coarsely chopped red, green or yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 - cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 - to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 - clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 - tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 - pounds medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 - cups seeded and coarsely chopped fresh tomatoes hot cooked rice
In small bowl, combine cream of coconut, water, cornstarch and salt; set aside. In large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and stir bell peppers, onion, jalapeños and garlic in oil until tender-crisp; add shrimp; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until pink. Add cream of coconut mixture; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in tomatoes. Serve with rice. Refrigerate leftovers.
Tip: 3 tablespoons chopped canned green chilies can be substituted for jalapeño peppers.