- 1 - pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 - (20-ounce) can juice-pack pineapple chunks, drained, reserving juice
- 1/2 - cup Coco Lopez® Cream of Coconut
- 1 - tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 - teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 - cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 - teaspoon crushed red pepper red or green bell pepper chunks or small whole fresh mushrooms Peanut Sauce
In small bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice, cream of coconut, oil, soy sauce, garlic and crushed red pepper; mix well. In plastic bag or shallow dish, pour over shrimp; marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight. Remove shrimp from marinade; thread skewers with pineapple chunks and bell peppers. Heat marinade thoroughly. Grill or broil as desired until shrimp are pink, basting frequently with marinade. Serve with Peanut Sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.
In small saucepan, combine ¼ cup peanut butter, ½ cup Coco Lopez® Cream of Coconut, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper. Over medium heat, cook and stir until peanut butter melts and mixture begins to boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve at room temperature. (Makes about 1 cup.)
Tip: 1 pound stir-fry beef, pork or chicken strips can be substituted for shrimp.