- 2 - ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 - ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 - cup Coco Lopez® Cream of Coconut
- 1 1/2 - cups sugar
- 3 - large eggs, beaten
- 2 - teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 - tablespoon dark rum
- 1 - cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 - teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 - teaspoon baking powder
Preheat the oven to 35O°. Generously butter an 8-inch square cake pan.
Melt the chocolates in the coconut cream in the top of a double broiler over simmering water.
Combine the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and rum in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the chocolate mixture. Sift the flour into the mixture, along with the spices and baking powder and whisk just to mix. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake the brownies until the top is crusty, but the center remains a little soft, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cut the brownies into 8 rectangles. Serve the brownies topped with the Coconut Snowballs. (See the next page.)
*Excerpted from Steven Raichlen's MIAMI SPICE. Copyright© 1993 by Steven Raichlen. Used by permission of Workman Publishing Co., Inc., New York. All Rights Reserved.